Thursday, March 13, 2008

Love is like the waves in the sea (Huimin)

If I were to describe love, I would describe love as the waves in the sea.

If you look at the waves on the sea they seem to move in solitary direction ...which is towards you.


However, the particles that give rise to the wave only move up and down.

I feel that stepping into a relationship is the only stepping stone to marriage, and it should be. Have you wondered what leads to marriage? Let’s skip the ‘who’ question, as the answer is pretty obvious. So what is it? I suppose it’s just relationship, relationship, and relationship. However what is it in the relationship? The ups and downs I believe. Definitely, there are ups and downs in a relationship, just like the particles that make up the wave only move up and down. If there are ups, there will be downs undoubtedly. It is the ups and downs in the relationship that brings couples to be bonded with each other closely, and toward the goal of marriage.

Have you ever looked hard to the sea for once? You will realize each time the water rises, it rises silently. On the contrary, the water gives a splashes sound when it falls. That’s what happens in the relationship. Happiness just appear so quietly but when comes to quarrels, people tend to make a big fuss over it. (Including myself) Note that it is the splashes sound that marks the feeling of the waves. It is also the splashes sound that gives the waves a meaning.

In the transverse waves, which consists of crest and trough? How deep the trough would be or how high the crest would be, it all depends on both partners. Certainly, it takes two hands to clap. I feel that relationship should be reciprocal to work out well. One cannot be over committed to a relationship while the other partner is neglectful. One cannot be over passionate while the other is passionate at a low level. One cannot be over controlling while the other is permissive. I feel that not everything can be overlooked in love, unless it is god’s love for us. I feel that it is acceptable for one to be controlling while the other party is permissive, but one has to keep in mind not to overstep the boundary, by over doing it.

“Over” is what I defined as a deadly key word. “We are over”, “You are just over-controlling”. Nevertheless, as I had mentioned in the earlier post, there is always a but. But how does one define the word ‘over’? To one it may be acceptable, however it may not be so to another. It’s just so challenging to satisfy one another. It can be exhausting to make just one person, whom you regard him/her as your one and only, to be happy. Yet, what drives the person to keep on going? It’s the greatest gift of all, Love.

On the other hand, who doesn’t desire their partner to be passionate, to be committed, or to even say sweet noting? Commitment is a need and must, and passion to spark and maintain the relationship, and sweet noting to make one feel special and loved. I feel that when a partner is willing to let down his/her pride to take the initiative, (E.g. Asking someone out, or even starting a short conversation and so forth.) the other party ought to reciprocate, or at least appreciate it. Sad to say, people often tend to take one for granted as time passes. I don't know if you will have this judgment that because he or she has done something like that before, so what’s so special about it now? Why can’t he or she do it for the subsequent or third or the rest of the time? Sometimes, one just failed to notice the slight changes or effort that one has made to accommodate the other. Couldn’t be blamed huh, love is blind. In certain ways I suppose.

Other than blind,

1) Love is not quickly provoked.

2) Love is patient and kind as it bears and believes all things. This does not refer that love is gullible though. Believing error is a mistake, but rather, trusts. Love also waits patiently. (So guys, if girls were to be late on dates, show your love through being patient and not to grumble over it. Hahs...)

3) Love hopes and endures all things. It is optimistic. We should keep in mind that with god’s assistance we will be able to make it. We ought to have this thinking, “If god brings you to it, he will bring you through it.” Even when adversity challenges over and over again, love continues to operate.

4) Love seeks not its own. It is not selfish and does not pursue its own interests.



5) Best of all, True love does not give up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home